Multiple Sclerosis Nurse Service
If you need this information in a different format or language please contact Patient Services and Advice Centre on 01952 641222 ext 4430.
What services does the nurse offer?
- Support at diagnosis for you and your family
- Nurse-led clinics Home visits (if required)
- Ongoing support with your condition
- Teaching Education for yourselves, family and health care professionals Support and education whilst using disease modifying drugs
- Liaison and referrals to other healthcare professionals
- Telephone helpline: 01952 641222 ext 4430
When should I contact the MS nurse service?
- If you have a question about your MS or treatment options
- If you are concerned by symptoms that you are experiencing
- If you think that you may be having a relapse
- If you are finding it difficult to cope with living with MS
- If you need advice about medication
- If you require any written or verbal information on MS
When is the best time to contact my MS nurse?
The MS nurse service operates from Monday to Friday during office hours 9am to 5pm. (excluding bank holidays)
It can be difficult to contact the MS nurse directly as she may be in clinic, but will pick up messages left on a daily basis. She will always try to return your call within 24 hours.
Please ensure that you leave a brief message with your name, hospital number and telephone contact details.
How can I arrange to see the MS nurse? The service is available to anyone with a confirmed diagnosis of MS.
The following healthcare professionals, can refer you to this service:
- Your neurologist
- Your general practitioner (GP)
- The hospital doctor
- A nurse or therapist
Once the MS nurse receives your information, she will contact you to arrange a time to meet you. This will usually be at an outpatient clinic, if necessary on a home visit or on a hospital ward if you are an inpatient.
For further infonnation:
MS Society National Centre Helpline Provides confldential emotional support and information to anyone affected by MS, including family, friends, carers, the newly diagnosed or those who have lived with the condition for many years.
Tel: 0808 800 8000
Multiple Sclerosis Trust Accurate, positive, construciive information on MS and current research.
Tel: 01462476700 www.mstrust org.uk
Contact details Kate Watkiss/Denise Cooper
01952 641222 ext 4430
Princess Royal Hospital