New appointment Triage System – Accurx Triage
We are a Total Triage Practice. This means that both clinical and administrative queries received via Accurx patient triage will be assessed and an appropriate course of action will be taken. This is to ensure that your request is addressed by the right person at the right time.
What this means for you:
Admin requests, medical concerns and requests for an appointment must be submitted on-line via our website.
- The 8am fight for an appointment is over!
- Total Triage ensures that your query is directed and dealt with appropriately making this a better and more efficient experience for you.
- If you visit in person or contact the practice by phone, our team will no longer be booking your appointment directly. They will help you complete the form for medical queries if you struggle to do it yourself.
- No need to wait on the phone.
- Complete a Patient Triage form at a pace that suits you. You can also add pictures if appropriate.
- Your request may be resolved with a telephone call, saving you a trip to the surgery.
- Opportunity for the clinician to plan investigations before seeing you meaning one appointment rather than two.
- You can contact us at a time that is convenient for you.
Why we are making this change:
- New Government guidelines, developed to help you make an appointment with us.
- This change should make it easier to submit requests to the practice and ensure that requests are seen by the most appropriate member of staff and dealt with in an appropriate timeframe. Appointments will be prioritised according to need, rather than who gets to the appointments first.